Sunday, November 29, 2009

Do you know any product or medication to prevent Hair Loss?

Propecia is the only drug that isn't snake oil (like Rogaine). It won't grow heair, but it will stop your hair-loss in its tracks. I've been taking it since 1995 and I've had no hair-loss since. My dad used to cut my hair and even said he thought it was a little thicker.



Here's the trick to getting it a little cheaper. Propecia is really just a drug called Proscar, re-packaged and inflated in price. Proscar is a drug to help reduce enlarged prostates in men. Ask your doctor for a Proscar prescription. Your insurance won't pay for it -- and you can't ask your doctor to say you have an enlarged prostate. The insurance companies stopped falling for that a few years back. You have to buy a pill cutter at your drug store and cut the Proscar into quarters - which is still a slightly stronger dose than a single Propecia - but it's cheaper in the long-run. I think 60 pills was about $300. It's not cheap -- but it lasts almost a year. And it's worth it if you like the hair you have left.



Side effects: In most men, none. In fact, a positive dividend is that you'll be less likely to get an enlarged prostate! In a small percentage of men they say it can cause sexual disfunction or reduced semen volume. The funny thing is -- you'll be SURE that's happening to you at first because it's psycho-sematic and becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Then after awhile you get over it and realize nothing's really changed sexually. Hopefully.



I recommend it. Ask your doctor. They say that most hairloss happens in your 20s and 30s, so I'm actually going to ask my doctor if I can stop taking in now that I'm 41. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++